Monday, September 16, 2013

Can I Get A What! What!?

I know I know I know!
You're not supposed to get your hopes up but we have had a breakthrough!

I think this deserves a reserved fist pump from the audience. 
Here are some examples:




So I bet you're wondering what you're celebrating.

Tonight I grabbed Quicken Loans by the... ... ... collar and requested some firm numbers and information on what was going to be happening with this house. My poor stomach can't handle anymore ulcers and you all can't handle anymore posts about my mental health. 


We have decided to go with an FHA loan which means more money on the table at closing... which means we'll be broke for a while but we'll have a house with a monthly mortgage payment of $375 a month. The town home we were prepared to rent was almost double that. 

At first we were unsure about our ability to afford an FHA due to the fact that it requires 10% at closing but our seller agreed to pay 1500, we have already paid a $500 earnest money deposit and $400 for an appraisal. Also the guy from Quicken, after hearing my, we'll call it "patriarchal mimicry", offered us lender credits for closing. I feel like flexing. 

Benefits of the FHA loan:
  • We won't have to wait for 30 days of pay stubs to close!
  • We won't have to live with my poor in-laws for longer than a month!
  • My mother in law won't have to spend enough time with me to eventually hate me!!!... too much.

She already tells me I'm a 'northerner' because I leave the peels on my mashed potatoes and fry my fresh green beans in soy sauce instead of making boiled mashed fatback beans... but she loves me... for now.
  • I can sign Haddie up for a definite school as soon as we move and she can assimilate sooner. 
  • I'm still going to apply for jobs, but I'm not nearly as anxious about finding one. I'm not experienced in anything except coffee,retail and non-profits that serve coffee.
  • I just wanted to add another dot... ok better



Celebrate with me!! Give me a fist pump! 

(Post pictures on our Facebook if you're not a chicken)

Night Y'all xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment