Monday, March 7, 2016

We Are the Music Makers

We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;—
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
-Arthur O'Shaughnessy

What is it to be satisfied?
To find peace with one's surroundings, finances and general life circumstances?
Is the monotony of day to day life acceptable to most people?
I work with dreamers. Dreamers who love dreamers. Dreamers who create. 
I feel at home with these people. 
At the same time I feel like we're all in the place where we're not quite satisfied. 

My husband would be entirely satisfied to do the exact same thing everyday.
Camp on the weekends. Maybe live in a cabin with zero electricity. 

I can't decide what it is that makes me want more. 
I love my kids. I love my life... but I've got an itch. 

What do you do when you get this way?
Lately I've been pushing my passion and energy into my work. 

My therapist says it's part of my personality. I have to stay busy. 
He's currently on a 5 week sailing trip from San Diego to Hawaii so he can't really talk. 

A ship wasn't built for sitting in a dock I suppose. 
Growth and change is part of life. 
Dissatisfaction spurs action. 
I will think about this. 







No comments:

Post a Comment