Wednesday, December 18, 2013

What Happened Next....

I'm currently reclining in my hospital bed in room 576 in High Point Regional Hospital feeling reasonably comfortable in comparison to this afternoon.

Let's catch you all up. 

Yesterday, Andy took me to High Point OBGYN to have a relatively painless shot stuck in my rear end. Part of me was sad, and part of me heaved a sigh of relief. Augie STILL isn't sleeping well... I was looking forward to getting sleep eventually and a baby wasn't going to provide that. 
It sounds ridiculous... but it's what I was thinking. 

He took me to Starbucks on our way home to make me feel better and then the nausea kicked in and I just wanted to sleep. I made it through a shower and then watched a movie on Netflix, promptly passing out and sleeping like the dead. 

I woke up exhausted like I hadn't slept a wink, took my Adderall for the first time since I had found out I was pregnant, and I had instant energy. I even made Haddie's class a really pretty fruit plate. 
I got home, got some work done for the first time in days, started cleaning up the house etc. I started getting nauseated between 10 and 12. The exhaustion came back around 1. 

I got back from getting Haddie and I was flat out dizzy. I was trying to clean the house to keep my mind off of it, because sitting there on the couch while Augie came up with new and creative ways to hit me, the television, the dogs, or Haddie with random elongated objects like cooking spoons, plastic bats, Millie's collar wasn't going to cut it. We call him Bam Bam. He doesn't understand that it hurts, because he's a behemoth and it doesn't hurt him. 

I kept having to stop and breathe to get rid of the nausea or dizziness. Around 3 o'clock I started seeing spots, things started to blacken and I knew what was happening. I quickly asked Haddie to get David(Andy's Dad) because "Mommy doesn't feel good.." and I woke up on the floor 45 minutes later to Andy making me get up, put on a jacket and sit in his mom's wheelchair. ... I felt totally lame. Almost 26 years old and riding in a wheelchair. 

Also, I realized I hadn't shaved my legs...  as Andy would say.. 'Momma always told me, no matter where you go... always wear clean underwear..'.. guess I should always shave my legs. 

He took me to Dr. Patel who had made an emergency appointment for me. He touched my belly a few times and when he saw me squirm and heard me yelp... told me that since the ultrasounds had been inconclusive,  he wanted to do a diagnostic laparoscopic  surgery to find out if the pregnancy had ruptured my fallopian tube. Less than two hours later, I was being rolled into the OR and breathing into a little mask. 

When I woke up, Andy informed me that the tube had ruptured and I had a belly full of blood. Gotta say, I didn't feel so lame anymore. I have an incision in my belly button where they had taken my gallbladder out, and a new one below my baby gut line. You moms know what I mean. After my gallbladder removal and this, I'm gonna look like I've been in a serious knife fight. Maybe I should tone up my tummy and wear belly shirts. Yeaaahhh boiiii. 

My right side feels a few ounces lighter because I'm down one fallopian tube, but that just makes me unique eh? heh heh. Sigh.  Oh and Dr. Patel is a cool guy. Slightly out of it due to pain, I asked, "So hey... ya think you could just tie my tubes up while you're in there?" He laughed at me and said, "Actually, no.. I wouldn't mind.. ya know... getting it all done in one go. But the state of North Carolina requires that we give 30 days notice before sterilization." I responded with a... "Well that blows.." and he said... "Basically. You'd have to come back in, like... a month and I'd have to open that same cut back up in your belly button and tie them then." 

Everyone here has been super sweet. I am my normal, sarcastic self, especially when I've had my medication recently. My nurse just forced me to drink an epic crap ton of water under threat of catheterization. She thought she was sooo smart. Well she was.. cause I did it. 

Ok. Now that this update is done, I can go watch Netflix. Sorry if you didn't get an individualized text. I'm pretty tired and this is the fastest way to get the info out to each of you. 

Big shout outs to my biffle Jennifer for dropping everything and just picking up my kids and bringing them home with her for the evening and my sweet friend Katie who canceled the playdate for our Mom's group so she could help me with Augie and Haddie for a few hours. You guys are... family and I am so grateful for you. 

Sleep good everybody!
xoxo
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment