Tuesday, March 17, 2015

My Warning Label

Most blogging experts say that in order to become successful within this industry, one's goal is to blog daily, or set a strict schedule so that you don't become lazy or inactive.

I have decided to give this thing a go and see what becomes of it. I've been avoiding this outlet out of fear. I'm not all that good at receiving public criticism, but I've been asked several times why I don't blog anymore. It made me wonder if I should at least try.

Some of the negative posts from last year have been removed, partially out of embarrassment, and partially because when I re-read them they take me to a place of negativity that I really try to stay away from. If you've been diagnosed with depression, you may know how easy it is for one to read a sad blog, have a bad day, fight with your spouse and feel those weird pulls in your stomach start to nag at you.

 I'm not saying that depression is a choice.
 I'm saying. that who one surrounds themselves with is a choice. Your body's natural reaction to immense stress or negativity should never be something to be overwhelmed by, simply aware of.

Ideally, I will be blogging a few times a week. Any constructive criticism is welcome in an email or a Facebook message but cruel, public negativity isn't welcomed here.
It is my goal to be not only entertaining but honest, exploring and shaping my ideas in a public forum. In a way, it holds me accountable.  I can re-read my posts and recognize any changes that need to be made to my perspective or thought patterns.

Please keep in mind that we are each on a journey. We all experience different pitfalls along the way and deal with them in the ways with which we feel we are capable.
All things written here are opinion not fact.
Treat them as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment