Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Continuing My Year In Review...

Shameless advertisement: Make sure you place an order for my Thirty-one party by the 18th of January! With the majority of the proceeds I will be purchasing bags for the local women's shelter. You can buy them yourself and have them shipped to me, or place an order for yourself and simply buying yourself something will help someone else. If any donations would like to be made directly, you can send them to my paypal at sarahcardman.pureromance@gmail.com. 
Here's the link to place an order.

For today, I have three questions I'm going to answer.
I had a glass of V8 spilled on my Macbook yesterday, so I fell behind a bit.
The 3 questions go as follows:
1. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
When I saw this question I laughed out loud, literally. 
Honestly, the worst part was realizing that I'm human just like everyone else. 
I'm not immune to hardship... and part of me has begun to ask questions about why. 
There are Christians who may say that the reason Andy and I are experiencing these things is that we aren't married. "Living in Sin.." My answer to that is, everyone lives in sin. 
We each choose to make selfish choices daily.  
Now if you wanted to say that we haven't been organized or planned ahead as much as we should have? Then yes, Yes.. I will agree with you... BUT no one can foresee a child trying to open a packet of off-brand Ritz crackers and wacking her brother's sippy cup (that I hadn't screwed the lid on completely) completely across the table and onto my laptop. 
2. What was an unexpected joy this past year?

There has been so many! 
  • Celebrating my birthday with my best friend, Jennifer for the first time in years!
  • The ability to see Jennifer's son grow and develop, and having him recognize me.
  • Meeting people like Katie, Trey, Karol and Andy, aka people who have kids the same ages as ours and are actually fun to spend time with. I love the warmth in their eyes when I'm greeted at the door and the sweet text messages I get out of the blue that just say, "Thank you for being my friend.."
  • Living with Andy's parents has given me an insight into who Andy is and it has also allowed me to get to know them really well. They are both aging quickly and I'm blessed that my children have been able to develop relationships with them. Augie thinks the world of them both.
  • Buttercup, our 70lb 4 year old (ish) hound/lab mix. She is so perfect for our family. She loves to cuddle. She'll let Augie hug her and play with her ears or collar. She doesn't go to the bathroom in the house and well.. we just love her. 
    Augie and Buttercup not long after we got her.

3. What was an unexpected obstacle this year?
I know everyone who reads this blog probably thinks they know the answer to this question
 but I'm going to answer it anyway. 
My biggest unexpected obstacle was the sickening attitudes and selfishness involved in our housing debacle. 
Losing our investment property and about 1500$ in earnest money deposits, VA inspections etc was unexpected, but it wasn't my biggest.  
My biggest was having to stand and listen to someone berate the love of my life for mistakes made years ago, and acknowledge that our lives matter nothing
. Despite the effect that our lives have on the children. 
I'm still heartbroken over it. 

So those are the questions, answered.
Please check out the thirty-one website! 
There are multiple price points for every budget!
If I cannot have a home at the moment,
 I will help others receive comfort that I have so graciously been given. 
Help me by helping them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment